OHIOFIRE Archives

August 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Wadleigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 09:16:35 -0400
We have had some success by installing the "stopper II" covers with the audible alarm on our pull stations. This along with an aggressive testing and maintenance program and public education/enforcement and discipline seem to have helped over the years in reducing the number of Pulled alarms to a number we don't even keep statistics on any more.

I suspect we have more of a problem with people activating detectors with chemicals or a heat source than pulling boxes any more.

Richard S. Wadleigh, CHCM, EMT
Associate Director of Public Safety
& Chief, EMS
Rowan University
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028-1701
(856) 256 4570
FAX (856) 256-4925

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/23/00 09:49AM >>>
I'm looking for successful programs on reducing malicious false fire alarms.

Thanks,  Fran Williams
Deputy Chief Francis Williams
UConn Fire Department
126 North Eagleville Road