OHIOAIR Archives

July 2001

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cathy Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:24:38 -0400
I agree with Mike that you  probably would get a broader range of
people interested by offering several topics.  However, if only a
limited time is spent on something as complex as data
marts/warehouse, what you get is a general summary.

I have attended mart/warehousing sessions at AIR for the past few
years.  What I have seen has whetted my apetite, but its a long
leap from where we are to gaining the benefit from finished projects
like those seen at AIR.  How can my school bootstrap itself into an
effective way to provide information not easily produced from its
transactional database?

AIR is recognizing the need for fighting the increasing cost  of
attending national Forums.  The number of attendees is pushing
the location into the top tier (read that as expen$ive) convention
cities.  They mentioned the potential of regional drive-in meetings.
Could we host such a meeting on warehousing?

Cathy