OHIOAIR Archives

January 2004

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Raymond Cummiskey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:38:30 -0500
I used the CAAP at both four and two year colleges in other states.  The test seems to give reliable information, but the challenge is getting students to take the test seriously (since it wasn't graded).  Making it a graduation requirement seemed to work better at a four year college/university level than at the two year colleges, but it appeared to be a good assessment tool.

Ray Cummiskey
Jefferson Community College

>>> "Riley, Susan (rileysu)" <[log in to unmask]> 01/21/04 01:50PM >>>
Has anyone used ACT's CAAP at a two-year campus for both associate degree
recipients and transfer students?  I'd appreciate feedback, successes,
failures and/or advice.  Thanks!  sr