ZOO408A Archives

February 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Debra Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debra Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:31:39 -0500
So, my question is:  Are eagles in general becoming more people tolerant, or
are they losing habitat and just adapting?
Jill

Birds (and other creatures) become accustomed to the surroundings in which
they grow up, and therefore lack the same level of intuitive survivalist
fear which their parents held for those same surroundings. So I believe it
to be both: While Eagles are losing their natural habitat, people have
become an accepted part of the Eagles' habitat.
The interesting part to me is that some creatures can accept those changes
so much more easily than others....why??

IN THE SPIRIT OF CONSERVATION
Debra Bowles, Citizen Science
http://orgs.muohio.edu/AudubonMiamiValley ~ ~ ~
Rehabilitating native songbirds via