ZOO408A Archives

April 2005

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"TUCKER, Casey" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TUCKER, Casey
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:59:14 -0500
Hi Folks,

Sometimes jokes backfire.....I sent the message, attached below, out to
the Ohio Birds Listserv earlier today.  There are several hundred
subscribers to the listserv.  Unfortunately a lot of people didn't
realize that it was April Fool's Day, and thus didn't find the post too
funny once they realized it was actually a joke (though some did and
congratulated me on a great April Fool's Joke).

There has been a tradition on the Ohio Birds Listserv to post humorous &
improbable bird sightings on April Fool's Day.  See last year's postings
of new hybrid birds & Citrine Wagtails
(http://lists.envirolink.org/pipermail/ohio-birds/2004-April/date.html)
as evidence of this tradition.

The lesson to be learned from this is: If you're going to post an
improbable bird sighting on April Fool's Day, don't provide photographic
supporting evidence of the sighting because people take it a little too
seriously.

Anyways, I hope you all will get a laugh out of my strange & unusual
bird sighting, posted below.

Enjoy!

Casey

P.S.

Yes the sighting was an April Fool's Joke.  The birds in question are
Razorbills photographed in the summer of 2001 off the coast of Cape
Breton in northern Nova Scotia.
****
On Behalf Of TUCKER, Casey