ATEG Archives

May 2005

From:
"Myers, Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 14:30:35 -0400
Grammar Mavens:

I am the book review editor for SYNTAX IN THE SCHOOLS.

I need someone to review a brand new book called A STUDENT'S
INTRODUCTION TO ENGLISH GRAMMAR by Rodney Huddleston and Geoffrey K.
Pullum, published by Cambridge University Press.

I am looking for a reviewer who has not reviewed a book for SYNTAX IN
THE SCHOOLS and who is willing to assent to probably making stylistic
changes in the final draft of the review.

The due date for the first draft is July 15, 2005.

I'll take the first qualified volunteer. E-mail me.

You need to be a member of ATEG and have some knowledge of textbooks
used in a college-level grammar course, preferably having taught a
college-level grammar course recently.

Marshall Myers
Eastern Kentucky University