RESCOMP Archives

February 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Robin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:50:28 -0500
All,

For the MPI jobs, user needs to be able to launch passwordless ssh for
the cluster.
So, if the session is initiated via PBS, then they should be able to do
anything via password-less ssh.

Looking around online, it seems that some people use PBS environment
variable as a differentiator between
PBS-launch ssh vs user-initated ssh.

Compute nodes will be deployed a set of login scripts that will check
for those.

We'll test that out soon. This has been on a list for a while.

As always, thanks Steve for his suggestions.

Robin