ZOO408A Archives

February 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:03:59 -0500
Greetings!
The ornithology class was busy this morning--we checked Acton-not much, a
pair of Green-winged Teal, few Golden-eyes, (two male Wood Ducks
yesterday), Lesser Scaup.  At the Phoebe bridge we found a Winter Wren.  On
our way to Brookville (north on 27) we found a male Harrier just east of
Cottage Grove near the blue silo.  Four Sandhills were in a field off
McDill Rd near 101.  At Dunlapsville we had a 3rd year Bald Eagle.  In the
cattail marsh area in the backside of Whitewater Lake {in Whitewater State
Park} we found 65+ Ring-necked Ducks, with a mixture of Buffleheads, Lesser
Scaup, Gadwall, Hooded Mergs, a Mute Swan and an imm DC Cormorant.
Grackles and Red-wings were seen at both Brookville and Acton.
Cheers
Dave