RESCOMP Archives

March 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Robin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:00:47 -0500
> 1. For those who need the Symbolic Toolbox, you might considering
> adding a "matlab-32bit" to "modules" and a "hottip" on "matlab-
> symbolic" to explain it.

> 2. Using the Compiler command 'mcc -m' in 64-bit Matlab gives the
> following warning:
>
>> Warning: Duplicate directory name: /ibrixfs1/software/matlab/
>> r14sp3/toolbox/local.
>> DEMO Compiler license.
>>   The generated application will expire 30 days from today,
>>   on Mon Apr 24 09:58:53 2006.
>
> Are we using the wrong license file after all?

	I was asked to use the license file at ~combarje/matlab-license.dat
to install the matlab.
	I don't have access to vendor for as to what license file to be used
or available.

	I can't comment whether it's really the license file that we want.

> 3. The executable generated in #2 above gives the following error
> when I run it:
>
>> error while loading shared libraries: libmwmclmcrrt.so.7.3: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Adding the location of libmwmclmcrrt.so.7.3 to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> allows the executable to run; presumably "module add matlab" should
> have made this adjustment to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

	I added the following LD_LIBRARY_PATH for that item.

> 4.  Even so, I still get the following warnings when running the
> executable:
>
>> Warning: latest version of matlab app-defaults file not found.
>> Contact your system administrator to have this file installed.
>> Warning: Unable to load Java Runtime Environment: libjvm.so:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
>> Warning: Disabling Java support

	I added the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for that item as well.

> 5. In the 32-bit Matlab, using the same command and M-file as in #2
> above gives the following error:
>
>> License Manager Error -18.
>> License server does not support this feature
>> Feature:       Compiler
>> License path:  /ibrixfs1/software/matlab/r14sp3-32bit/etc/
>> license.dat:
>>    /ibrixfs1/software/matlab/r14sp3-32bit/etc/license.lic
>> FLEXlm error:  -18,147
>> For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
>> available at "www.macrovision.com".
>>
>> Make sure your license file is correct.
>>
>> For more information, see The MathWorks Support page at
>> http://www.mathworks.com/support and search for
>> "license manager error -18"
>> ??? Error: Could not check out a Compiler license.

	I'm not quite sure whether that's because of the fact that it was
installed using a different license file.
	I will suggest re-installing the matlab-32bit using the latest
license file - or which ever we finalized on.

	I'll be out of town this weekend - I'll put the contents of the CD
to the directory somewhere before I left if anyone wished to install
using a different license file during the weekend.

	Based on Steve Wright's comments, is this still the license file we
want ?

	Let me know what ResComp wishes what to do next on this one.

Thanks,
Robin