RESCOMP Archives

April 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:28:20 -0400
We need to find some time and look at it more carefully. It seems to
be working but ....

i think this package is set to run interactively and will have some
problems in batch mode.
I still need to run a "batch interactive session" and find out the
results. The scripts that run
matlab will use ssh to open a remote session on the other nodes.
These commands are all
put in the background so the next command (ssh) can be issued. the
problem is that after the
last ssh session the main matlab session thinks it is finished and
the script is out of the batch queue.
All (or most) of the matlab processes are still running on the
compute nodes. When I disabled the
"&" command then only one session was created (remote ssh to a compute node)

At 11:14 PM 4/17/2006, you wrote:
>My job on Redhawk which is supposed to test MPI run in Matlab MPI
>seems to be stuck. Please help.
>
>Amit
>
>--
>Amit Shukla
>Assistant Professor
>Department of Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering
>Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
>513 529 6043
>513 529 1454 (Fax)

Jaime E. Combariza, Ph.D.