ZOO408A Archives

April 2006

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:18:09 -0400
While checking our net lanes overrun by bow hunters Saturday, April 1, (not
a very amusing April fools joke!!), a Caspian Tern was flying around the
marsh at Acton--we didn't relocate the bird this morning.  Over 75 Tree
Swallows were flying off the beach.  A Greater Yellowlegs was in the stream
cutting through the cattle lot near 300 E outside Bath, IN on Sat and
another was in the flooded field just north of  College Corner on 27
yesterday.  We had large numbers of ducks at Brookville yesterday (April
2), including Canvasback, Redheads, L. Scaup, RN Ducks, zillions of Coots,
BW Teal, Shovelers, Gadwall, Horned Grebes, PB Grebes, C. Loons, and DC
Cormorants all at FF Causeway.  Dunlapsville had large numbers of Hooded
Mergs, Red-breasted Mergs, more Shovelers, and DC Cormorants.  I'm not sure
if I mentioned Friday the Osprey pair are back on their tower by Treaty
Line Rd.  An interesting second hand report: the Golden Eagle was seen
again this weekend at Mounds Beach by the Darke Co birders.
Cheers
Dave