RESCOMP Archives

August 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:23:45 -0400
Well, this seems to be the week for dealing with expired licenses!

Matlab on the cluster reports that it's license will expire in 16 days.

Matlab on Unixgen reports that it's license expired Aug. 1.

Matlab on my PC reports that it's license expired Aug. 1.

Do we still need Matlab on Unixgen?  If so we'll need to talk to Frank about
updating the license.

For the PC, I checked Matlab's website, and you can just update the Personal
License Passcode (PLP).  To do this, you have to run the installer again and
select the option to just update the license.  Of course this means
re-downloading the whole thing again since I didn't keep the package from
the original install!

Just for fun, I'm going to see if I can use the R2006a installer to update
R14.

Dave