ZOO408A Archives

January 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 04:28:02 -0500
Rebecca and I went to various places around Brookville today. Started off
looking for the Barred Owl. We knew we were in the wrong place as the
American crows started alarm call. we ran up and down the side of the road
chasing the crows that were chasing something. We never did see what it was
they were chasing.

Our ultimate goal for going to Brookville today was the Northern Shrike. we
were headed up and down the causeway and just didn't see it anywhere. we
were just about to pull away disappointed but i saw what i thought was a
branch tangle and thought to my self do i really want to see another 'leaf'
bird however it was the Shrike! it was on the Beach side of the road about
half way across and down the side of the hill in the top of the tree we
found him in.

Other birds we found today include: White-throated Sparrow, American Crow,
American Coot, Lesser Scaup, Merganzer sp.?, American Kestrel, Turkey,
Eastern Bluebird, Carolina Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse, Northern Flicker,
Song Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Northern Mockingbird, Northern Cardinal and
a Downy Woodpecker

Great Find There William

See you all soon

John Williams