ZOO408A Archives

March 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jim Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:50:21 -0500
Hardy Eshbaugh and I had a productive 4 1/2 hours at Brookville today
(Saturday). There were lots of duck species visible on both sides of
Dunlapsville Causeway, and also from Sagamore. We did not hit Whitewater or
Fairfield Causeway. Interestingly, we got great views of 15 sandhill cranes,
but not at the lake. They were in a farm field near Bath, IN on the way
over--just after we got the red-headed woodpecker at the corner of Dare and
Snowden Roads. In the following list, "X" means I didn't even try to count,
in most cases because there were so many. Numbers, in most cases, are highly
approximate.

Also, this morning in Silvoor Sanctuary I had a Brown Creeper, and at 4-mile
creek in Western Woods my first Eastern Phoebe of the year.

Good birding

Jim Michael