ZOO408A Archives

March 2007

ZOO408A@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:38:27 -0500
I forgot to post the answers for the last two quiz birds. We banded caught
both species in Mexico-- Quiz bird 11 has joined us here in Oxford now--a
Chipping Sparrow and 10a and 10b were not A Ruby-crowned Kinglet female as
reported by most, but in fact a western species that looks very similar
(note the lack of a dark patch on the wings just below the greater coverts
and the "fat" head and bill)--this is a Hutton's Vireo!

As a quick reminder-- On Monday evening at 7:30 in room 218 Pearson Hall
[not 216 as reported in the newspaper] I'll have a fun and informal "Spring
Primer" to get us ready for the waves of migrants!!! We'll work primarily
on warblers, flycatchers, and thrushes, but if you have other problematic
groups we certainly throw them in the mix.
Everyone is welcome!!!  Also our first spring banding session will be at
MUBO Mon morning weather permitting.
Dave