OHIOAIR Archives

February 2008

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Williford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:54:37 -0500
Dear Ohio Colleagues,

We're putting a panel or discussion group together for the upcoming OAIRP
meeting at Wilmington College in March. I'm writing to ask for your input
and participation. The topic is, for lack of a better title, On-line
Surveys: Best and Worst Practices.

As an example of worst practices, we could discuss the proliferation of
on-line surveys done by anybody and everybody.  Dr. Joni (Schaller) Wadley
from OU has agreed to help lead the panel or discussion, based on our
experience here, in which we are witnessing an ever-increasing number of
sample surveys by different units, many of which are sampling the same
students and getting poor response rates.

Are there potential panelists in Ohio who have this problem? Are there
potential panelists who have helped solve this problem? Are there potential
panelists who have some good ideas about this issue but are having trouble
drawing attention to it at their home campus? Has anybody actually solved
this problem through good administrative coordination and/or technical
solutions?

Under the topic of best practices, is there a process or product that you
would like to profile as a panelist in a group, but don't have the time to
prepare a solo presentation?

If you're interested, please let me know. We're hoping to put together a
candid discussion for the upcoming meeting, and we need a couple more
people to help lead the conversation based on their experience.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Williford, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Institutional Research and Enrollment Planning
Associate Professor, Counseling and Higher Education
Ohio University
301 Computer Services Center
Athens, OH   45701
(740) 593-1059 (office)