SAKAIALL Archives

April 2011

SAKAIALL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
IT Services Sakai Team <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:24:38 -0400
This is exactly the sort of example (see below) I've been talking
about where we need to define a longer-term vision and strategy, and
communicate it to faculty.

BTW, the fact that I've gotten involved in the Sakai OAE community
already is having concrete impacts. I just got a note last night that
my recent suggestion to add this document viewer/annotator developed
by the New York Times to OAE has happened recently:

<http://open.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/document-viewer/>

Example doc here:

<http://documents.nytimes.com/charles-darwin-on-the-origin-of-species#document/p185/a8>

This opens the door to the sort of assessment functionality we now
have in TII GradeMark, but having it integrated into the OAE core.

This isn't to trumpet my contribution: it is to say we all can have an
impact on how OAE evolves. But I don't think it'll happen unless we
prioritize it as an institution.

Bruce