RESCOMP Archives

November 2011

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Woods, David M. Dr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Woods, David M. Dr.
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:12:13 -0500
Hi,

  You can find documentation on the cluster at http://www.units.muohio.edu/uit/research/high-performance-computing/redhawk-cluster - look for the document on connecting to the cluster using No Machine.  Once you connect to the cluster, you can run SAS or Stata there.

  The document that explains how to connect to the cluster using No Machine includes info on how to start a terminal session.  You will need to start a terminal session to run either SAS or Stata.  From the terminal session, to run SAS, type "module load sas" and press enter/return.  This will make SAS available, to start SAS, type "sas" and press return/enter.  To run Stata, type "module load stata", press return/enter, then type "xstata-mp" and press return/enter.

  If you have any questions about using the cluster our would like to meet to discuss using the cluster, please let me know.

Dave

David Woods, Ph. D
Assistant Director for Research Computing
310K Laws Hall
Miami University
(513) 529-1857