PARTNERS Archives

September 2012

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:14:34 -0700
Hello Partners,

This is my first time participating and I wonder how the group process
works. How do students sign up for case study project topics?

Will the topics be on the site and students can sign up directly on the site?

Will students for the various topics form their own groups for chat on the
NING site?

thank you for any help you can offer to clarify the process for me and my
students.

Georgia

> Dear Partners:
>
> It is time that we begin to have discussions regarding group formation,
> type of group projects (service learning or case study) and topics
> coordination both among ourselves and with our students.  To get this
> started, I have attached last year's list of topics as a way of moving
> forward.  Please take a look and see if there are some that you would like
> to add.  Once we finalize this, we can circulate it among our students to
> see what interest there is for particular topics that we can then try to
> pair up into teams.  We will also need to designate specific Partners to
> be the lead coordinator for each group topic so that we have some means of
> controlling the chaos.  Remember that we have set the following target
> dates.
>

> Here are our Group Project Dates
>
> Oct 7 - Student select topics from list
>
> Oct 14- Groups are finalized by your Professor, if  groups are not
> complete already
>
> Oct 21- Topics are finalized by discussion within the group -- what to
> study and how the various schools / students will study it
>
>  Oct 28- Students outline, division of labor, students also identify
> literature  informative for their research
>
>  Nov 4-  Project design complete by the group -- at this point, everything
> should be prepared for realizing the project, i.e., the  overall
> structure will be drafted, literature (al least preliminary)   will be
> found, locations and concrete partners will be identified,   etc. This
> marks the start of the fieldwork or research by students, if not already
> so.
>
>  Nov 18- Intermediate report on the project
>
>  Dec 2 - Final report on the project launched on the web and presented in
> the university class.
> Thanks...rodneyc
>

> For more of my work please check me out at -
> http://redroom.com/member/rodney-d-coates
>

> The song that lies silent in the heart of a mother sings upon the lips of
> her child..
> Kahlil Gibran
>

> [cid:image001.jpg@01CD9B0A.BB8CFD90]
>
> Rodney D. Coates
> Professor and Interim Director of Black World Studies

Dr. Georgia Sitara
Sessional Lecturer
Departments of History,
Women's Studies,