RESCOMP Archives

April 2013

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dhananjai Rao <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Dhananjai Rao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 06:06:29 -0400
The homework requires students to parallelize a straightforward (but
computationally demanding) problem and prove that their implementation
is scalable and efficient using averages and 95% CI from at least 5
different runs using 3 different data sets. The sequential runtime is
about 3 hours. So students are throwing more compute power to get
scalability data faster. Most students seemed to have figured out the
use of qsub and parameters to mpiexec. Hopefully "dir" will also figure
it out after this homework.