SWE Archives

March 2017

SWE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kristin Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristin Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:20:44 -0400
Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great Spring Break!

There is A LOT going on with SWE! We have a general body meeting tomorrow, Tuesday March 28th, at 7 pm in GAR 155. We will be covering Girl Scout Day reviews from the attendees, next steps to improve the tutoring program, SWE elections coming up April 25th, and Engineering and Computing Week activities which is next week!

SWE is bringing in Dr. Alice Agogino of the University of California Berkeley to the CEC Banquet hosted by Tau Beta Pi the night of Wednesday, April 5th. She will be talking about developmental engineering which is "an emerging field of research that focuses on technology interventions designed to improve human and economic development within complex, low resource settings". You can buy tickets to the banquet for $5 at a table in the lobby of Benton this week. There are other amazing events going on that whole week, so keep your eyes and ears open and I will make sure to provide you with more info.

Also, SWE elections are coming up April 25th, which is a Tuesday at our normal general body meeting time. You do not need any previous experience to run for any position, and there are 5 to chose from: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Event Planner. There are a lot of great projects on the horizon for SWE so now is a great time to run! We will provide info at the general body meeting and meetings in the future about the responsibilities of each position and you can talk to our exec board about their experience so far. If you are interested in running, please contact me as soon as you can.

Have a great first week back, everyone!
Kristin Campbell