CONNELLS Archives

April 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Eric Pare <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 1995 18:20:52 -0400
   First.  I'm glad to finally be aware of the existance of this list!  Since
AOL still doesn't support the use of www sites (not in my area anyway) I
can't hop from link to link finding neat lists like this one.  Second, I just
read through a bunch of the archives and know the following:
   There are LOTS of different shirts.  Someplace at home I have a green
photocopied sheet from Black Park with all the different designs, let me know
if you think it is worth me ransacking the house to find it.  (They were
about $13 each if I remember correctly...Granted they might have all been
sold to the Germans by now...)  It's a pity to hear that the Fan Club shirt
is held in such disregard by the band.  (Oh well, in about 6-8 weeks I guess
I'll get to see just how bad it really is.)
   When they were on tour with Catherine Wheel ("Ring" Tour), I had an
opprotunity to sit down and talk with Mike for quite a while.  The m.o. seems
to be -- release an album, hope it sells enough to release the next one.
 Once one flops, that's his signal to go back and finish law school.  I'm not
sure what the others plan to do.  George is cool.  I look forward to hearing
his solo debut.  With the exception of "Doin' You" off the new album, I have
always enjoyed his part in the Connells recording experience ("What Do You
Want?" & "Motel" in particular).  I take it this will be a TVT release as
well?

--Eric