MUTALK Archives

April 1995

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"J. Alan Pfaff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 13:30:14 -0500
Ian Bennett ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

: I may be wrong, please tell me if I am, but didnt the originators of the
: pink triangle in the gay movt turn it upside down? I thought they did
: that to 'invert' quasi-nazi ideas...?

The symbol the Nazi's used was an inverted pink triangle (ie with one
point down)... originally, it was used that way by those in the gay
movement to recognize and acknowledge the past... now, it can be worn any
way... some interpretatios have the point facing down meaning "Silence
Equals Death" and the point facing up meaning "Action Equals Life"..
which would go along with the inverting of the quasi-nazi ideas...

--
Jason Alan Pfaff  | [log in to unmask]  |  "If it feels good, do it."