MUTALK Archives

December 1995

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"M. C. Mastilak" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 09:15:07 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Micah
James Cooper) writes:
> b/c we're more environmentally aware here and realize the disasterous
> effect that salt can have on local flora and fauna. It also breaks down
> concrete and asphalt more quickly.
>
> M. C. Mastilak ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
> : WHy the hell is Oxford the only town I've ever been in without salt for icy
> : days?  The trails of sand and breadcrumbs just don't quite cut it.

I SEE!!!  In typical environmentally sound practice, non-human life takes
precedent over human life.  No major surprise here.  What bullshit. (But thanks
for the answer...now I know I have a legitimate complaint.)  How many times am
I gonna be sacrificed to a bunch of crabgrass and oak trees?   Yes, I do take
this personally.  I saw about fifteen hundred people fall - near ann into the
street - because a bunch of candy-ass pinkos are afraid of hurting a worm.
Last I checked, people are part of the environment...but, as is usually the
case, the most-hated part.

About the
breakdown of paving surfaces, I'd rather replace them a bit more often and
actually have them fucking useful while they're here.

I didn't intend any of this as an assault on the poster of the foul, nasty
truth...I just hate environmentalism.

M. Christian "I take priority over a damned bird anytime" Mastilak