MGTDEV-L Archives

April 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Pamela J. Korrol" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 13:15:41 -0400
Please excuse multiple listings; I've posted this on several listservs.

Hi.  I've talked to many of you in my capacity with the National
Leadership Institute. I'm also a graduate student, and I'm doing a
research paper on executive teams (i.e., when the COO or CEO is replaced
by a team of executives).

I'm hoping that some of you may be able to help me out:

Do you know of any organizations that are run by executive teams?

  -If so, do you know their location/phone number or the names of any
  contacts in the HR department who wouldn't mind a phone call?

Of the various types of "teaming" training available, what types do
you think are the most critical in helping senior level managers
become effective in an executive team?

  -Is there a difference between the teaming training appropriate for
  managers throughout an organization and training for the most senior
  executives?

Can you suggest any books, articles, etc... on executive teams?

Thank you for your help.  If you'd like, I'll post a summary of responses.

Pamela Korrol
National Leadership Institute
voice: 301-985-7195
fax: 301-985-7100