ATEG Archives

May 1996

From:
EDWARD VAVRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 14:11:06 -0400
Ronald,
     My Teaching Grammar as a Liberating Art is close
to diagramming. (See my previous message today.
Sorry, I started reading today's mail in the middle.)
Much of the book explains the theory, history, etc. of
pedagogical grammar, but the book also explains an
approach to teaching students exactly what you are
interested in, AND doing so with their own writing. It
was first written a decade ago. Major publishers were
not interested because, they said, no one was using
the approach. When Art Whimbey suggested that I
make it available, I decided to self-publish rather than
bother with the publishers. It's $18 ($15 plus $3
shipping), from Rose Parisella Productions, 30 Marvin
Circle, Williamsport, PA 17701.