CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 13:07:14 -0500
> Yesterday I got a really cool postcard in the mail annoucing the new
> album- everyone keep your eyes open for one in your mailbox! :)

Yeah, I got one of those yesterday, too.  It was a pretty cool pic,
though the first thing that occurred to me was that this was literally
the first evidence I had that I really WAS on the snail mail list that
I had joined so long ago.  I have gotten not a word regarding
concert schedules, future plans, etc.

I also thought it somewhat ironic that this was supposed to be a
big announcement, although everyone on this list has known about
it for months.  The TVT Publicity Machine, ladies and gentlemen!
Why, next thing you know, they'll actually be getting this band
played on the RADIO!  Sorry, I'm venting.

I wonder how George feels about having his face obscured by Doug's
hand in the photo.  Say -- is that significant?  I mean, he did
recently put out a solo album and all.  Still, I bet we're just
supposed to THINK it's significant.

--Steve