CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Ring <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 01:18:50 -0400
At 12:54 AM 8/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Kevin,
>
>Please tell us what the show/ CD release party was like. Do the new songs
>sound good live?

Absoutely fucking incrediable... that's about all I can say about the
show...  They played 6 or 7 songs off the new album ( I think, I couldn't
grab a set list)  They played a good mix off of all their other albums (from
Boylan Heights to Ring).  They were very together on stage (mainly because
the stage is only about 10 feet across and 7 or 8 feet deep :) )

Doug was kinda chatty, but he didn't introduce a lot of the new songs.  He
said the names of some of them, but he didn't help us out with the lyrics or
tell us what they were about (which doesn't suprise me, from what I have
seen, they don't share the meanings with him sometimes :) )  The keyboard
player did a great job and George has a cool new buzzcut and funny beard/
goatee thing.  Doug said of his haircut, "this isn't the guy I saw yesterday"

By far the coolest thing about the whole show was about 45 or 50 minutes
before the show, Mike came out and was chatting with whoever walked up and
talked to him.  One of the guys I was with talked to him about how he had
heard 74-75 thousands of times when he went to europe a couple of summers
ago.  I saw Peele and Dave out there too.  I didn't go back to talk to them
because I really didn't have anything to say, but now I know that I should
have talked to them about all you guys on the list that are dying to hear
the album.  But anyway...

that's about all I can think of about the show... I'll answer any questions
anyone has if I can... I'm going to sleep now...

latre

kevin
Kevin Ring [log in to unmask]
Check out Technician On-Line- NC State University's Student Newspaper
http://www2.ncsu.edu/unity/project/www/stud_pubs/Technician