CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Adam Shore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 14:55:23 -0400
Glad you all have had a chance to listen to the new album, but
non-believers-- hang with it, I've been listening to the album for two
months now and hear new things, new inflections and new connections every
time.

To answer some of your questions:

The Eco-Pak was the band's idea and both the band and the label think it
looks great.  As the costs of different packaging possibilities continues
to go down, I think you see many many more non-jewel case packages in near
future.  It's another way for bands to present themselves creatively.

The Certain Damage comp is a college radio sampler that gets sent to
college radio stations with their copies of CMJ.  Yes, there is a George
track on Two If By Sea, and there also a Connells track (74-75) on the
Heavy soundtrack, which features 3 Evan Dando songs (two brand new) and a
Thurston Moore score.

The video for Fifth Fret is coming along, the band just wrapped it up in
Minneapolis.  But the video for "Maybe" has been completed and is the
band's best clip yet, hands down.  An hysterically funny take-off of
Deliverance.

I know nothing about a Connells enhanced CD.

We have hire a powerful publicity firm to represent the band.  They have
serviced all media with the music: newspapers, college papers, big mags
(like Rolling Stone), television, etc, and will continue on for the life of
the project.  The big new from their end is that The Connells have been
invited to appear on Late Night with Conan O'Brian.  It will happen in the
last two weeks of September.  When the date is nailed down, I'll post it.

Jamie- I'll find out the State College details for you.

On a completely different topic--
Can someone please refresh my memory as to why so many comments are laced
with anger toward TVT, your band's record label for 10 years?  Bill Cross,
what you somehow received was a radio flyer, not a ad.  And Mike Orren, you
wrote, "Those of us who have [the new album] got it because a.) TVT is too
lame to mark their shipments with a release date..."  Sometimes record
stores put music out before their release date.  Why so spitful?  I'm
sorry, I don't mean to single out Bill and Mike, it's just that theirs are
the two latest seemingly anti-TVT posts.  Where does this come from?

P.S. Bill-- thanks for the shout out re: the recap sheet. I wrote it.

Peace,

Adam

Adam Shore
TVT Records/Wax Trax! Records/Blunt Recordings/TVT Soundtrax
23 East 4th Street
New York, NY 10003
212-979-6410 phone
212-979-6489 fax