CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chris Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 21:59:40 -0700
Adam Shore wrote:

> On a completely different topic--
> Can someone please refresh my memory as to why so many comments are laced
> with anger toward TVT, your band's record label for 10 years?  Bill Cross,
> what you somehow received was a radio flyer, not a ad.  And Mike Orren, you
> wrote, "Those of us who have [the new album] got it because a.) TVT is too
> lame to mark their shipments with a release date..."  Sometimes record
> stores put music out before their release date.  Why so spitful?  I'm
> sorry, I don't mean to single out Bill and Mike, it's just that theirs are
> the two latest seemingly anti-TVT posts.  Where does this come from?

Adam,

Regarding TVT's failure to properly market the band, well, I've always
been able to find their stuff (though I've always been in large markets,
N.Y. & LA).  My concern is that we may not be getting the best the band
has to offer as a result of their obvious discontent with TVT.  I wonder
if the animosity hasn't dampened the band's enthusiasm for recording.  If
not, why so long between "One Simple Word" and "Ring"?  I'm sure everyone
on the list would like to see a more steady stream of new Connells music.
The feeling out here is that TVT is more an impediment to than a conduit
for that stream.  I once had an opportunity to talk with Doug at a show
in Long Beach, CA, and he indicated that this was the case - that was in
1992.

Thanks for listening and posting,

Chris Fisher

P.S.  This is my first post.  Thanks to everyone on the list, especially
for band suggestions, which I always enjoy checking out.