CONNELLS Archives

January 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 23:42:00 -0100
Hi fellow list members!

I don't know if you know of the compilation albums called "Absolute Music",
"Absolute Dance" and "Absolute Rock" etc? I hate those kind of albums, however,
they tend to climb pretty high on the different sales lists here in
Scandinavia. I guess you are familiar with the phenomena, people who really
aren't that interested in music, just in what's cool and what's given lots of
airplay, tend to buy these records.

Furthermore, some times bad things also bring something good, which is the case
this time. Quite recently in Sweden there was a new release of a record called
"Absolute Love" which naturally consists of lots of different love songs.
That's the bad part. ;)

The good part is that Connells' "'74-'75" made the cut. The album consists of
two CDs with 15 songs on every CD. Our boys made it on the first CD, song 9.
Here's some data if anyone wants to order it from some mailorder company:

VARIOUS ARTISTS -   "Absolute Love" (EVA Records (EVACD 4004))

CD 1

SINÉAD O'CONNOR         -   "Nothing Compares To U"
GARY BARLOW             -   "Forever Love"
TONI BRAXTON            -   "You're Makin Me High"
CROWDED HOUSE           -   "Don't Dream It's Over"
ROXETTE                 -   "You Don't Understand Me"
THE TONY RICH PROJECT   -   "Nobody Knows"
ANNIE LENNOX            -   "A Whiter Shade Of Pale"
MIKE & THE MECHANICS    -   "Over My Shoulder"
THE CONNELLS            -   "'74-'75"
JENNIFER BROWN          -   "My Everything"
SEAL                    -   "Kiss From A Rose"
CHARLES & EDDIE         -   "Would I Lie To You"
EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL -   "Missing"
MEAT LOAF               -   "I'd Do Anything For Love (BIWDT)"
JULEE CRUISE            -   "Falling (Twin Peaks Theme)"

CD 2

EROS RAMAZZOTTI         -   "Se Bastasse Una Canzone"
TINA TURNER             -   "Missing You"
BRIAM MAY               -   "Too Much Love Will Kill You"
EVA DAHLGREN            -   "Vem Tänder Stjärnorna"
TAKE THAT               -   "Back For Good"
SIX WAS NINE            -   "Drop Dead Beautiful"
PAULA ABDUL             -   "Rush Rush"
MICHAEL LEARNS TO ROCK  -   "The Actor"
R. KELLY                -   "I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)"
REBECKA TÖRNQVIST       -   "Good Thing"
JAMIE WALTERS           -   "Hold On"
LENNY KRAVITZ           -   "Can't Get You Off My Mind"
DEBORAH COX             -   "Who Do You Love"
DURAN DURAN             -   "Ordinary World"
BREAD                   -   "Everything I Own"

-Phew! I hope I got most of it right. Personally I just like O'Connor, EBTG and
Connells, but as you can see the other groups are quite big and have received
quite a lot of airplay here in Europe. So, I guess some more people will
discover Connells thanks to this record. Well, I'm not going to buy this one,
it's a policy of mine not to buy these damn Absolute-records. Yeah, and I'm
supposed to be the one who wanted all of Connells' records. Besides, my kid
sister has already bought the record. :)

Some days ago I bought a record with Don Dixon - "Romantic Depressive" and it
was great! Didn't someone here mention Dixon some months ago? I think he's
produced some records for R.E.M. as well, right? Didn't he come from Raleigh as
well? Is this record his best or has he made someone even better, is that
possible?

Lots of stupid questions, I'd better quit. Take care folks!

.jbn. - mailing list sentinel of Sweden