RISE Archives

February 1997

RISE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brenda Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:51:03 EST
Dear Maria,
   Greetins!  I've been told you are now on the listserv.  I haven't heard
from you in a while and am wondering how things are going and where you are
at.  I have a number of things to tell you so please read the rest of this
message carefully.

1.  We need to know when your teacher's attended their workshop and when they
    have scheduled there parent workshop.  Please find this information out
    and fax us an updated version of it on your "tracking forms".

2.  Have you received your parent surveys (to be completed after their work
    shop?  (sent via Fax last week)  How are you planning to distribute/collect
    these?

3.  FYI: If your parents are not involved in a center you may go ahead and do
    your second videotaping as soon as teacher has attended her workshop!
    Hopefully this will eliminate some of the craziness!

4.  The two sites in your region that will receive coaching are:
    Karen Sabo/Tracy Debo (Chillicothe); Kathy Dawe/Phyllis Miner (Marietta)
    The coach will visit 4 times.  One of your next 2 videotapings needs to
    be done while the coach is present, however it cannot be the coaches first
    visit.  Please try and determine how this can be worked into your plans.

5.  We still need to get the names and phone numbers of those you want to use
    as control sites.  The GOOD news is that we are no longer going to do
    videotaping at any of the control sites.  Half the sites will receive
    only a pre/post survey.  The other half will get the tapes and surveys.
    Teachers at control sites which are getting the videos will be asked to
    try and get everyone together to watch it at the center but if not possible
    to pass the video around to the parents.  Hopefully this will make it
    easier on you and easier to get willing participants.  PLEASE get us the
    names and phone numbers ASAP so we can make those calls this week!

That is it for now.  Please respond right away so that I know that you did
in fact get this information.

Sincerely,
   Brenda Miller