RISE Archives

February 1997

RISE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Suzanne McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:01:25 -0500
I think I was brain dead on Wednesday night when we were meeting. I'm
the one who put the spaces for name, center, etc. on the top of the
post teacher workshop interview copy and gave Anne enough forms for
all are teachers.
Second, we had mailed the post parent workshop forms to the centers.
One center has completed their parent workshop and has the forms
waiting for us. It was so long ago and so many e-mails ago that I
forgot what we had already done.
The Toledo site has its Jan. 11 teleconference  make-up tomorrow.

Now, I would like to respond to the e-mail Doris sent about
flexibility. I agree that flexibility is necessary, but confusion and
extending responsibilities is not. When we all contracted to do this
project, there was a set of expectations in terms of time spent on
the activities. I feel like I spend half of some of my days just
figuring out the e-mail. We are very close to the line in the sand
about what activities can be added without an opportunity to hire
more staff or have additional compensation for the existing staff.
Case in point is the expectation for the extended surveys after the
last teleconference. If what happened for the Jan. teleconfernece
happens in May, we will have tohave make-up sessions and then that
will delay us collecting the post interviews. Considering that your
report is due and some of us start summer school soon after that, I
think that problem needs addressed.
Secondly, I have felt compelled to have one of us at each make-up
teleconference. Of course, the make-ups, unlike the regular
teleconferences, are scheduled for different days so instead of going
to three teleconferences at two different sites we will probably go to
12 teleconferences.

The bottom line for me is that the expectations of what we are to do
needs to match the amount of time we have and the compensation for
that time.