CONNELLS Archives

July 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Diana L Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 14:31:06 EDT
Hi, everyone!

Just a little update on the tribute.  I spoke to Ava from TVT yesterday
about copyrights and whatnot.  She told me how to figure out how much
money in composition royalties will be owed per song we use.  We add up
all the amounts for the entire CD and send the total per CD sold to White
Rhino c/o TVT.  I imagine what will be easiest will be to send the totals
for all the CDs we make up front; that way, someone won't have to be
responsible for sending in a check every time a CD is sold.  I don't
imagine the amount per CD will be very great; it's something like $0.07 a
song.
Ava also told me she brought our little project to the attention of Steve
Gottlieb for approval.  If the Connells approve and Black Park approves,
I can't really see Gottlieb withholding approval, so maybe we can really
get the ball rolling pretty soon.

Hope everyone is doing fine and have a great 4th of July!
Dede
"Out of boredom/I decided/I'd get with it....."-MCC