CONNELLS Archives

July 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tracey Dittoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:27:50 -0400
Not only is DeDe right that it's a "crying shame" to spend 25 years in
prison for bootlegging vs. half as much for more serious crimes--
it's a crying shame that undercover officers had to waste their time
on such a (my opinion here) petty crime.  Sure it's illegal, and if
it were to take money from the pockets of our favorite and beloved
bands, it would be far from petty, but when was the last time that
you chose a bootleg over the real thing?  Most fans simply want
every little thing that they can get that's by their favorite bands,
and they will buy both "real" releases and bootleg stuff.  Just think,
those undercover officers could have been spending their time inves-
tigating something worth their time and ours!

Now, I hope that I do not become a target for investigation--I haven't
bought a bootleg in years and I don't even know where they are!
(Besides, they're vinyl--give me a break!)

Tracey