CONNELLS Archives

July 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:42:00 -0500
>This begs a good question (says me).  When is this long-anticipated video
>collection going to surface?  Two days after the NY Yankees win the World
>Series, there are no less than two dozen "Official" World Series videos!!!!
>What is taking so long to get this slightly less ambitious but certainly
>more important thing put together?  I have only seen "'74-'75" and "Maybe".
>I consider myself a pretty big fan, but haven't been able to get my hands on
>any others.  I do have them doing "Maybe" live on Conan O'Brien.
>CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

I don't specifically recall anyone actively planning to re-run
the video tree, so don't hold your breath.

For those of you who have joined the list in the last
year-and-a-half or so, if you still don't know what we're talking
about, there was a videotape tree run of a collection of Connells
videos, interviews, TV appearances, etc. in either late 1995 or
early 1996.  This was, in fact, the first tree in which I
participated after joining this list.  It is this tape that many
list members, such as Caroline, are referring to when they
mention things in "the video collection", like the "is it the
same house or not?" controversy.

I would run the tree myself if I had another VCR.  Maybe someone
else wants to step up and take it on?  Of course, the video for
"Maybe", as well as the Conan performance of the same song, have
surfaced since the tree was run originally, so they would have to
be added.

-- Steve