MU-VMS Archives

September 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
CWIS Coordinator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:29:08 -0500
There will be an emergency reboot of the Digital OpenVMS cluster in Oxford
(MiaVX1) per the following announcement from Miami's Network Operations Center:

[Begin forwarded message]

In an attempt to fix what could be part of the problem that we have been
having with multiple pieces of software on the VMS cluster: PO.Muohio.Edu,
News, Ph/QI, WWW.Muohio.Edu, etc... and after extensive discussions with
multiple personnel and vendors, tomorrow morning between 9:00 am - 12:00
(noon) the VMS cluster in Hoyt Hall will be unavailable while a
technician from Digital is here replacing a piece of hardware on the
Storage Works Disk area.

I am sorry for the short notice that you are given, but with the re-occurring
problems that we have been having with this cluster, it was thought that
this needed to be done as soon as possible, and we were not sure that
this unit would make it over the weekend without crashing again.

Affected:  Po.Muohio.Edu, WWW.Muohio.Edu, Gaus, all batch jobs, helpdesk
software, News, Ph/Qi.

[End forwarded message]

John

--

          Miami University

          John B Harlan
          Campus Wide Information Systems (CWIS) Coordinator

          Client Services
          Miami Computing & Information Services (MCIS)
          201 Gaskill Hall
          Oxford, Ohio 45056-0000
          (513) 529-5330 voice  (513) 529-3052 fax
          http://www.muohio.edu/coorcwis/