SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Annie Rataj <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:29:05 -0500
I would like to bring up the comment Adam made a few days ago, with a
twist.  He requested that we keep personal e-mail off the listserve.  I,
however, would simply like to ask we keep personal attacks off the
listserve.  We can keep controversy (or start one), we can speak our
minds, and we can respect each other's opinions all at the same time.
We are scholar leaders after all, I would hope we learned well before we
got here about taking turns and being nice to other people.  I love the
debates that go on.  Please, don't be nice.  But, try not to blantantly
attack someone.  It is discouraging to others when we read attacks
because we don't want our thoughts to be handled in the same manner.  I
am as guilty as anyone, but I think as intelligent and mature adults, we
should recognize the differernce between constructive criticism or
rebuttles and attacks.  Sorry I can't spell.

Annie