SCHOLEAD Archives

November 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Shardell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:22:32 -0800
This Week's Sign That the Apocalypse is Upon Us:
        (to borrow a feature from Sports Illustrated)

According to my MIS prof, a computer system has been developed which
analyzes the music composition styles of the likes of Bach and Beethoven
and churns out compositions which are supposed to be similar to pieces
which those artists "might have" created.

Pretty soon we'll be able to scan Rembrandts and have "similar" works.

Dave S.
--
God grant me the courage to change
what I cannot accept and the wisdom to