SCHOLEAD Archives

January 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Josh Pack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 19:09:45 -0500
Hi everyone:

        Josh P. here.  This is the first time I have checked my mail in 2
months.  Messages total 176.

        I read a few things about Bloom and was wondering how things are
shaping up.  Whatever and whoever is involved, I would suggest doing it
conciously.  I think we were MU tutoring zombies walking the halls of that
school in the first semester.  From what I could gather from talking to
teachers there, they really had know idea who we were or what our purpose
was other than being there to "help".  To be honest, I don't think we knew
either.  One teacher even questioned our
"underpriveledged" attitude.  I know we can do a better job there even
with the limited time we have.  How about taking Mrs. Blevens out for
dinner (along with any other teachers who may be interested) so that we
can reevaluate our mission and try to lighten her burden of catering to
us?

        I love and miss you all.

                                Josh