SCHOLEAD Archives

January 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dave Shardell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 22:51:48 -0500
Rhia,

If you don't believe me, come look at my schedule. I'm sure I'm not the
only one. In case you haven't noticed, our welfare system hasn't solved
the problem. Who do you expect to initiate this revolution? Do you think
it will happen spontaneously? I can't help but think of the Communist
Revolution of 1917 and Stalin murdering some 20 million in the name of
"equality." Equal opportunity to go to college, and making sure that
everyone has the money to get into college and that colleges are willing
to take ANYONE are two different things. I don't completely disagree
with the idea of giving the poor some land to call home and some money,
but where do they go from there? You might say, Education will teach
them how to get by! But as I went to great lengths to point out
educating everyone doesn't give everyone a job. I think more things
should be taught by parents and learned by living. I think more people
should farm. I think we should get rid of cars so that people are
basically forced to stay within their own community and not travel 100
miles on a whim and people will stay home and keep up the family farm or
business. I think we should get rid of corporations and only have small,
family-type businesses. I think a lot of crazy things but I don't think
any of them will happen unless I get MY Revolution. And I don't think
this will happen spontaneously or at all, everyone puts too much faith
in that fabled Progress to think that maybe the past had some things
which we might want bring back and the present has some things we might
want to keep. This all comes out of a loss of God.

I am rambling. Good night and thank you for the message.

Dave
--

mailto:[log in to unmask]