CONNELLS Archives

February 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Haramis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 01:13:30 -0500
>Any other roadtrip stories or favorite cover stories out there?

Too many to mention!

The one that sticks out in my mind was around the release of OSW.  Some
friends and I made the trip up to UVA from Blacksburg to see them.  We hung
out a bit late night after the show where I found out that they were going
to be up in NJ the following weekend.  Having grown up there, it seemed like
a good idea to make the trip and meet up with some old friends at the show.
Once Mike got wind of this, he took my phone number so he could make sure to
put us on the guest list.  It was pretty cool to get a call from him
mid-week to confirm.  Anyway, a bunch of us made the trip up, saw a great
show, then hung out a bit at the hotel.  It was a blast.  I'll have to dig
up the pictures sometime soon.

I may have some of the details wrong - after 20+ shows and a few years, it's
getting a bit foggy - but that's the general idea.  Not many bands are that
nice to their fans.  I know Post has some stories to tell, right?  Ah, my
days as a groupie...

John Haramis
http://www.midwaymusic.com