CONNELLS Archives

February 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jon Epstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 06:41:41 -0500
At 01:13 10/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Any other roadtrip stories or favorite cover stories out there?

I have a good one!
Right after the band released FNG,
Mike invited me down to a show at the Sports Bar
in Winston Salem.  I was living in Greensboro at
the time.  On the way to the show I was suppose
to pick up a master tape of my bands single
(as if it matters the song was called _New Day Rising_
by Haymarket Riot).  I accidently turned one street
too late on the way to pick it up, and decided that instead of
ging all the way back around the UNC-Greensboro campus that I woould
take a quick wrong way trip (about 20 feet) down a one way street.
I didn't see the cop until I had already made the turn, and ended up with
a ticket.  No problem, I figured.  It happens.
When I got onto Deacon blvd in Winston Salem, the
street lights were flashing red as opposed to switching from
red to yellow to green...that is except for the last one, which I thought was
flashing, but was actually a real red light.  As I casually ran the red light,
a was pulled over again and given a second ticket.  Weird night.
The show was a good one, though, so it was worth it.
Jon

"Brother can you sapre
another war, another wasteland
and another lost generation"?