SCHOLEAD Archives

February 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 07:37:03 -0400
Thanks for the discussion last night about the community model for next
year.  I would like to continue the discussion with whomever is interested
on Wednesday afternoon, February 4, 1998, at 4:00 p.m.  Let's meet in the
Stoddard Living Room.

For those who were not at the meeting last night, the discussion is about
moving yet another step in the direction of a self-governing community in
Stoddard and Elliott.  Over the last 2-3 years we've gradually been moving
more toward the Scholar Leaders and other residents being responsible for
their own activities, programs, etc.  The staff during this time has
increasingly played a resource role rather than that of planning,
directing, and doing.  Next year we will have two staff in the halls - a
UHR in Stoddard and a graduate hall director in Elliott.  Their role will
be to assist and support the community in achieving it's objectives.  This
is a pilot in hopes that such an idea can be refined and perhaps used in
other halls in the future.

If you are interested in discussing how this model can be refined and how
we can help next year's community get started in the most effective way
possible, please join me on Wednesday.

Thanks,
Denny

Dennis C. Roberts
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
111 Warfield Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 529-3435