SCHOLEAD Archives

February 1998

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 15:07:38 EST
Hi all,
   Thanks for a great morning.  I enjoyed all the interviews and I was
impressed with our applicants...I have a feeling it will be hard to make the
final decision.
   On a different note, for those who don't know what happened to my e-mail
system, I would like to make a yet another complaint to our oh so joyous
listserve.  Yesterday afternoon I received a 1445 line message, and even
though I am sure it was sent with good intentions for all scholar leaders
to read, I was unable to open it, so my server (miamiu) sent me to a special
screen where I had to delete the message in order to read my mail.  To make a
painful story short, basically it deleted ALL my mail files, including very
important information for my classes, all of my addresses and the like.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND LONG E-MAIL MESSAGES OVER THE LISTSERVE!  I respect
everyone's opinions in the community, but if a message cannot be discussed
verbally, and it turns out to be a long e-mail message, please try to keep
it short.
    If anyone knows how to help me with my e-mail situation (especially how
to get my information back) I would appreciate the input...please e-mail
me at: [log in to unmask]  Again, please respect my request.  I
cannot afford to lose anymore mail, especially addresses and exam information.
    Thanks for your attention and your input.  If you want to send forwards
or long e-mails over the listserve, PLEASE keep them short.
    Have a great Saturday!  Carrie Reichart