CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 13:53:30 -0600
Connell folk....
I told CMJ to devote some attention to The Connells, and it appears it
may indeed happen...to a large extent. The guy I corresponded with
said College Music Journal will be reviewing the new album in June
(some sort of explanation about delaying it balh blah blah) he also
said they are considering doing a feature on them later in the summer.

I wonder if the success of the new album will dictate them getting on
the cover or just a blurb or whatever. Either way, this is a
tremendous opportunity for the band. I realize they are typically
College Radio mainstays, but not so much with Ring...slight commercial
success...very slight, and WFAD didn't get a sniff outside the
Southeast. Anyway, the rule of thumb I honestly believe is that
College Radio then Commerical (these days). If they can resurrect
their rightful claim on College Airwaves, then Maybe Just maybe....I'm
really tired and babbling incoherently. Sorry.

Friendly Time Keith

P.S. The preceding wer emy opinions. Any desires to flame should be
addressed to me personally.

Everyone's been cranky in the last month. I feel compelled to put that
disclaimer in just in case. Besides, I'm too tired to remember what I
just wrote. Something about CMJ?