NCSABB Archives

April 1998

NCSABB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Shelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
North Central Sociological Association (NCSA) Bulletin Board
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:33:50 -0400
Greetings.  As many of you know by now, I am the Editor to be of
_Sociological Focus_.  The success of the journal depends in part on the
support of the members of the Association.  There are a variety of ways
you, as members, can contribute to this success.  One such contribution
comes in the form of ideas about special issues.  Kent has done an
exemplary job with the journal, catching up our back issue problem, and
providing us with a high quality outlet for research.  His "eye" for
special issue topics is to be commended.  I would like to continue this
tradition, but need some suggestions.  So if you have ideas for special
issues, send them along to me, along with any suggestions you have for
guest editors for such issues.  I can't promise to get all of them in place
in the next three years, but I will do my best.  Bill Feinberg has
graciously agreed to be Deputy Editor and will help me review ideas and
come up with editors.  We will also solicit the opinions of the editorial
board (still in formation).

I look forward to hearing from you.
Bob
Robert Shelly, Professor of Sociology