CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:52:42 -0400
Hello everybody,

I have been lurking on the list for quite a while now.  Many on the list
know me from my days in D.C./Baltimore/Richmond/VA Beach and Charlotte.
However, I recently moved from D.C. to Michigan and I'm in no-man's land
for The Connells, although they did play "Crown" on the local station.
It is depressing hearing all of the concert news because I used to go to
all of them and I lived in practically every location in which they have
played so far!  My greatest hope of seeing them on this tour is in
Chicago on the 18th.  Unfortunately, I went to the radio station's web
page and they don't show anything for that date.  Does anybody have info
regarding this show???

Thanks,

Scott Rogers

P.S.  Connells history in honor of Independence Day:  July 4th, 1996.
They played The Uncle Sam's Jam in DC (which was similar to the show
this year).  After the show, the band invited my brother-in-law and me
to drink beers in a private bar.  The coolest aspect of the evening was
that it was the band and just us.  After a few beers, we walked out into
the street to watch the annual fireworks.  Pretty cool evening.