CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:07:58 -0500
A friend of mine at work volunteered as a bartender at St. Pat's Block
Party. He said that it is a Chicago city ordinance that these types of
events cannot serve "all you can drink" alcohol anymore. So the organizers
decided on the 10 drinks. It has nothing to do with the event being
sponsored by a church, Catholic or otherwise. I don't know about everyone
else, but $25 bucks for 10 drinks and the Connells still seems pretty good
to me, especially for Chicago. Plus it helps out a church that's one of the
oldest in the city. Geez, now I wish I coulda made it.

>>Date:    Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:55:24 EDT
>>From:    [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Re: Chicago Show (cont.)
>>
>>You forgot that it was for a CATHOLIC church.......It used to be an "all
you
>>can drink affair".  The bands would set up in the "beer garden"  area.
At