CONNELLS Archives

September 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jacquie Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:28:04 -0800
Not to defend remarks made comparing Doug to a computer geek or
anything, but I have to admit that the first time I ever saw the band
(which was only recently I might add), I had no idea that Doug was
their singer.  I had never seen a photo of the band, and up to that
point, had only heard one song briefly in my friends car (Fun and
Games).  I went because my friend had told me how great this band
was, and we have such similar tastes in music, that I figured she
couldn't steer me too wrong.  Thank goodness I went too!  However,
when the band took the stage, and Doug walked up to the microphone, I
swear to you I thought he was there to announce the band!  I expected
something like "Good evening everyone, thanks for coming out.  Please
welcome The Connells!" to come out of this guys mouth, and instead,
he opened it and started singing!  The look on my face must've been
priceless, because my friend just about fell over laughing when she
looked at me!  Ah well..... live and learn!  No, I don't think there
has to be a "typical" look for a "rock star", but I'd be lyin' to you
if I said that I would pass Doug on the street, and think that
singing was his career......  just a thought....

Jacquie